Sacs Response to tielky re: SACs Insurance

As some of you are aware?? Tielky raised an issue re: his own problems re SACs insuranc re: SGC appeal and he gave his reasons why he no longer holds a shotgun certificat I have a moral obligation to members of the SACs hunting life club ( I helped form the club by recruiting members for the Scottish Association for Countrysports) to keep them informed when questions are asked!! that may or may not effect them?? below is a reply from Ian Clark the Director of THe Scottish Association for Countrysports. I would ask forum members for their view on the matter?

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

teilky say's "

Then why was i as member not covered? In a sgc appeal i was told £500 down payment and £100 a month to pay Mr C from up in oil city. Ps also said could stop the appeal at any time , when it get realy costly.

you tell me tom are we insured or it fecking depends ?? on who you are ?"

My answer:

I don't feckin know! and its the first I heard of it!!! are you willing to tell us why you were refused in the first place?? also why you were asked for funds, and are you referring to Tom Cruikshank??

It seems absolutely unbelievable to me that any member of SAC's would be asked to pay anything towards an appeal when they have £100,000 legal cover? I have just phoned the Director Ian Clark and left a message on his answering machine asking him to call me back,

If you'ld like to pm me with your details? I'll get to the bottom of this and we can let the members of the forum get a better understanding of this situation

Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------

teilky

i will tell yous no problem. i have been refused before, 4 times to be exact.Reasons (9 years ago a .222 rifle was stolen its was not in the cabinet silly mistake i know, going shooting taken the rifle out then was asked to go to the shop, and guess what it was stolen door kicked in ect.never was charged with anyting and gave up the cert by request of police told to reapply in a few years.That was the reasonthe first time i was refused.i have reaplied 2times since that refusal and was told wait a year ect change in circumstances ie get married lol which i now have .these previous applications i was not a sacs member.The last time I read about sacs and it looked great so i joined.Spoke to ian clark and he said to wait a few weeks before i applied to let my insurance kick in.so i did.I was refused reason rifle theft 9 years ago tail lights out in a car i was driving 2 breach charges.Said i did not care about the law applied it when i ts suited me ie driving the car with lights out so demonstrated a lack of regard to the law of motor cars so i might do that with a sg.Funny thing is i am a taxi driver licenced by the same police with no objections licenced to take kids ect.Asked Ian about insurance and he said i wont cover me because i have been refused before it only covers new applications ie first time and renewals.Hence i would have to pay and he is trying to sort out the insurance.So i was trying to see if any other members were in the same boat.(ps the enquire officer even came out after i was refused and said Are You going to appeal ? i thought that was strange)

cheers andy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Tom - can you post the following response please?

From Ian Clark, Director of the Scottish Association for Country Sports

I’m happy to clear up the ‘confusion’ over this one. While I cannot comment publicly on the background to tielky's refusals as they were given to me in confidence, he has kindly said enough himself to let forum members realise that this is not a simple matter - there is a huge background to this case, much more even than has been mentioned in this forum.

Each insurance claim is dealt with on the facts and circumstances of that claim - the bottom line is that the insurance company refused to cover this appeal due to what they saw as unacceptable risk at that time. I have met Tielky in our offices on several occasions, and spent a considerable time talking to him on the phone, to try to get the best resolution to his certificate problems.

I am currently working with our insurers to have the wording of the policy altered so that his case, and any others like it, will be covered. I have told him this on a number of occasions, and advised him to wait until this cover is in place before he applies again, because in my view, the police are refusing him unreasonably, and I would genuinely like to deal with this for him.

However, despite my strong advice, he re-applied before the cover was confirmed, and of course the insurers will not cover his appeal. To try to help, I arranged for Tielky to contact our Expert Solicitor privately, to see if he was able to help. Since Tielky is a SACS member, the solicitor has offered to take the case at a substantially reduced fee, and allow payment by installments. He has also agreed that he will drop the case on Tielky's instructions at any point if the expense becomes too much for him.

In the circumstances, there is nothing I can do to intervene or affect the outcome of this appeal, since it is a private matter between Tielky and his solicitor.

While I fully appreciate his impatience to have his certificates back, it was not helpful to anyone that he applied against my advice and before the proper insurance cover was confirmed.

Finally, I am happy to confirm that ALL members of this Association are treated equally, whether Duke or Dustman (or in this case taxi-driver!) - we do our best to help in every case, and will continue to do so. When members don’t take our advice, there is a limit to what we can do to help - but in the meantime, I am still working with the insurance company to have the policy changed, and when this is dealt with, I will contact Tielky, as I have promised, and do whatever I can to have his certificates returned - if they have not already been returned as a result of the help from our Solicitor.

Ian Clark

7th January 2008

I may be wrong but I thought convictions expired after 5 years, so if it was 9 years ago you had your rifle stolen and you weren't charged with anything anyway you should be ok by now? :hmm:

And tail lights out on a car shouldn't get you a criminal record so shouldn't be taken into account :no:

There is no such thing as spent convictions while applying for the grant of a firearm/shotgun certificate all convictions must be declared!!

Tom

I may be wrong but I thought convictions expired after 5 years, so if it was 9 years ago you had your rifle stolen and you weren't charged with anything anyway you should be ok by now? :hmm:

And tail lights out on a car shouldn't get you a criminal record so shouldn't be taken into account :no:

Ok i am peed off other than pixxed off!!!!!!

I do not have an appeal in the courts!

Ian clarck drafted my letters!

I never applyed for sgc after i was refused the last time " he was sorting the insurance"

I aint any lier

This is the truth peps My real name is andre groves ie grovesy fae hamilton

some might know me not to lie , hunting since 10/11 years old

god i i wanted was to see if anyone was in the same boat as me regaurds insurance

i dont like lies about me and god i better stop tying cause i ken alot :censored:

(ps ian how did your appeal go?):-)

Edited by teilky