what is legal limted

so am i correct in saying any locking blade is now illegal?? im sure on that link it states that? " There is an exemption in law for folding pocket knives. These must have cutting edges of less than

three inches and blades which do not lock."

Edited by pitindall1978
Guest Lord B
so am i correct in saying any locking blade is now illegal?? im sure on that link it states that? " There is an exemption in law for folding pocket knives. These must have cutting edges of less than

three inches and blades which do not lock."

Yes on the basis that they are classed as "fixed blades". You can use them/have them as long as you have just cause ie working, or on your way to or from a place where you will use it to work. Other than that do not have one in your possetion, to be safe. Your car is also classed as a public place, so you can't store one in there, but you can obviously have it in there as mentioned above - going to work/hunting etc.

Guest craftycarper

poxy law is a pain in the arse, usually always gotta 10 inch filleting knife in the landy for fishing & hunting which i have to take back in every trip now, the odd occassion i have forgot and gone to work with it in the motor :doh::blink:

Guest baldie

Ah well, i guess we can now look forward to all the pakistani [and white] youths being locked up then , as they all have one on them.The scots dont carry their blades unless in kilts, and sikhs usually have a tiny minature knife hidden in their turban, as they have to carry a blade of some description, purely as one of 5 [or 7] items they must carry daily as part of their religion.

Did you see that flying pig? :whistling: