Getting Started :)

try this you will need a 8in plastic pipe(b and q builders yard etc. about 2ft long put chicken wire around one end to block the hole .then tape the wire on gaffer tape is best. now you have a pheasant trap. place some hen food at the back of the trap and a little at the front .place in hedge were you have seen a hen or cock and bob's your uncle .they go in trap but cant get back out(maybe should check your traps every 2 hours or so. :)

Cheers that sounds like a great idea and i know of a couple of good places :laugh:

Theres loads of pheasants round here aswell.

Would ordinary bird seed work ???

Leon

bird food will be fine as well as barley- corn etc

Guest john2007oliver
Cheers that sounds like a great idea and i know of a couple of good places :laugh:

Leon

Will this work for partridge, with a smaller pipe or are they not as stupid as pheso's? If so what pipe sixe would you recommend?

Leon

Will this work for partridge, with a smaller pipe or are they not as stupid as pheso's? If so what pipe sixe would you recommend?

dont know if it would work or not never had a partridge in one .but might of been in and got back out .ill see if we have any smaller pipe at work and try it ill let you know how it goes prpb try 6in pipe

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Sorry mate but i dont get you ?

Leon

Directed towards me, I take it?

Ok; Ye looking at getting a shotgun and ask about other ways of filling the pot? Am I about right?

Cool! So now, if ye can stop gazing at Daz's avatar ~ seriously; That became quite the hot topic in Chat earlier! :laugh: ~ then I'm sure ye'll find no end of inspiration under such headings as Trapping, eg. There's a wealth of discussion going on around this place. Much of it concerning the aquissition of a nice meal. All I'm saying is get out there and dig in.

Steady as ye go mind. Get Too carried away with this lot and ye'll end up with that shotgun, a .243, bunch of ferrets, load of traps and a string of Bull X x Beddie Wippets x Game Bred " Irish Staffs "! :laugh:

Give it a month and ye'll have seen what I'm driving at, mate ;)

Sorry mate but i dont get you ?

Leon

Directed towards me, I take it?

Ok; Ye looking at getting a shotgun and ask about other ways of filling the pot? Am I about right?

Cool! So now, if ye can stop gazing at Daz's avatar ~ seriously; That became quite the hot topic in Chat earlier! :laugh: ~ then I'm sure ye'll find no end of inspiration under such headings as Trapping, eg. There's a wealth of discussion going on around this place. Much of it concerning the aquissition of a nice meal. All I'm saying is get out there and dig in.

Steady as ye go mind. Get Too carried away with this lot and ye'll end up with that shotgun, a .243, bunch of ferrets, load of traps and a string of Bull X x Beddie Wippets x Game Bred " Irish Staffs "! :laugh:

Give it a month and ye'll have seen what I'm driving at, mate ;)

:laugh::yes: