be on your guard its the ranger

I live and hunt in Louth and have never met one of these "Rangers" or even heard of them. Who are they?

if you were to park in ardee on a sunday morning with a dog trailer on youll not be long finding out.

Plenty of trailers parked around here at the weekend, mostly northern cars. Friendly enough boys if you bump into them when out shooting but I'd say if a ranger started hastling them he'd get a swift :feck:

I live and hunt in Louth and have never met one of these "Rangers" or even heard of them. Who are they?

if you were to park in ardee on a sunday morning with a dog trailer on youll not be long finding out.

Plenty of trailers parked around here at the weekend, mostly northern cars. Friendly enough boys if you bump into them when out shooting but I'd say if a ranger started hastling them he'd get a swift :feck:

And im one of those northern men...

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

If you have full written permission off the farmer can you course hares.. or do you need a license? Can you course hares on a sunday legally with permission etc. or is it they're classed as game and can't be hunted on a sunday?

Does anyone know what powers thses rangers have on they're own.. before they get the gardai?

First off, you have to apply to the national parks and wildlife for a hare hunting cert. On the application form, you have to put down the farmers name and address ect and reasons for hunting the hare. The farmer has to proove that he is having problems with hares ect, in order for you to get a cert to hunt them.

If cought without a cert to hunt hares, even though the farmer gave you permission to hunt them, you can be prosecuted by the wildlife ranger. Its a tough one im affraid. :(