Ex-Track Bitch

"Rowan" has amazed me and the lads that see her every week.Its about 2months since I got her.Recall is very good to her name or at distance a single whistle.Prey drive is incredible.She ran and caught her first rabbit after just two weeks of being around my long dog.Ran and turned her first fox three weeks after going out with our gunpack.Quiet in kennels.Never any mess.Travels fine in motor.No problem with other dogs or hounds.Hoping for her first fox between now and Xmas we are out a lot between now and then,plenty of opportunity.

You're very lucky. I've had a young, 2 year old ex racer here now for 5 months. She's a nice enough little bitch but has no sense of commands what so ever. She's mad keen for the little dogs and wants to kill anything that moves on sight. She'd be a dynamite little dog if she just showed a little self control but she's as mad as they come. Is your bitch speyed by any chance?

Clip

Edited by Clip
You're very lucky. I've had a young, 2 year old ex racer here now for 5 months. She's a nice enough little bitch but has no sense of commands what so ever. She's mad keen for the little dogs and wants to kill anything that moves on sight. She'd be a dynamite little dog if she just showed a little self control but she's as mad as they come. Is your bitch speyed by any chance?

Clip

No, my bitch is not speyed, I got her direct from an owner/trainer.So no retired greyhound trusts in volved.I intend to see how she performs this season and next,then put her to a friends deerhoundxgreyhound. If she progresses in the same fashion I will be quite happy to let her have a litter and keep one for myself.My intention was never to obtain a lurcher producing bitch.I got her by chance really,I was looking for a deerxgrey for a long time.

She sounds like a cracker mate. How old is she? Mine has just turned 2 and very much reliving her puppyhood, Its like having a 25kg puppy around the place. I think she'll come good for me though. She's mad keen to chase, her prey drive is sky high, i just need to activate that brain of hers.

Clip

She sounds like a cracker mate. How old is she? Mine has just turned 2 and very much reliving her puppyhood, Its like having a 25kg puppy around the place. I think she'll come good for me though. She's mad keen to chase, her prey drive is sky high, i just need to activate that brain of hers.

Clip

Just three in August.Off to some new permission Friday,plenty of scope then. Then Sunday to one of our best places.confident she will take her place very soon JON