Picked up one of the below nightvision monocular for £40 it's good but only seems to have a 30-40 meter range. My question is it here a decent cheap IR torch I can get so this works out a little further and does anybody have any experience of attaching this to a scope?post-91614-0-51754800-1420399738.jpg

Edited by Plummerterrier
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

Generally speaking in nightvision terms you only get what you pay for and try before you buy .

I have no knowledge of this unit but you can try a T20 ir torch as an illuminator and see how it goes but my honest opinion is it won't be very good and as soon as you put it behind a scope the many lens that are in the scope will reduce the light transmition even further and you may start chucking money at it when there are units out there that are far better whether you build your own or buy something that is proven .

I started on this route many years ago and what I have learned is its cost me a lot of money to get where I am today , nightvision is a personal thing what suits one may not suit another .

If you wanted to get into night vision , I would suggest you ask someone on the forum to have a look at there units and see what your happy with and take it from there as there are a lot of units out there , you could even try your unit along side of different types of illuminators that they have .

Regards

Colin