How Sensitive?

Hawke reflex 3-9x40 on my HMR, zeroed it in yesterday and when putting it away gave it a knock, and thought great, but like I said maybe I'm worrying too much lol.

What distance can you comfortable to shoot at with the redfiled scope? Maybe it's because I'm new to this but I kinda feel like I need a bit more magnification for 100m

150yards no problem. The scope is designed for CF rifles so a much greater distance than the hmr is capable of they are made in America along with leaupold scopes. The best thing with the redfield is the low light capabilities I can easily see out to 200yards using the scope when I struggle to see 100 with the eye. Don't worry its probably held zero fine I worried alot at first but never worry now.

Edited by shropshire dan

Personally I like a higher magnification.

My shooting tends to be more of the 'sniper' variety and I have time to set up the shot so do not have to worry too much about a wide field of vision.

A rabbit head at 100 yards with just a 9x scope is still quite small.

Comments about centrefire are not really relevant because of the size of the target. A head shot on a rabbit at 100 yards with an hmr is a smaller target than a shoulder / chest shot on a fox at 200 yards with a .223

Try a 24x scope, you don't have to use it at 24x but it is handy to have the possibility.