hi my girl friends collie cross springer has just dug a few rats tunnels up (she pointed at loads of rabbits holes when we where out on a walk even tho she has never been trained to do so) i was wondering what would be best to do ? i have no gun or traps so i cant do much lmfao :icon_redface:

thanks mark

Edited by markieboi

oh f*****g hell went in my shed and a fooking mouse was in there im not how you say a pussy by any means but f**k me i was scared

got to be honest with you im not a fan of poisn as whateva eats the rats will die to ect ect

Edited by markieboi
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Calm dowm Mark. No need to get excited, mate ;)

First thing is to get ye girlfriends parents to recognise that they have a problem. That problem being that they appear to have pests on their ground. Rats represent a clear and present danger to health. Thus they Must be erradicated. It's that simple.

Ok, so they contact the local council. Most councils will treat rats free of charge. If the council's one of the ones who Does charge? They should get a quote, then ring round some of the smaller listings in the yellow pages and / or ask around for reccomendations to a good, 'one man band' Pest Controller. Compare quotes and pay their money, if need be, which shouldn't be a huge ammount anyway.

Someone should then come out and poke around. That's what we call a Survey. He'll suss out the situation. Ask questions and figure out the best course of action for the situation. In view of the fact that there's a diggy Dog on site, the last thing he'll do is Hole Baiting. Dog'd just dig the stuff up and cost more money as he has to go to the vet's for an injection of vitamin K1.

What he likely will do is position a few secure and discreet boxes about the place. These will hold the necessary bait. Dog won't be able to get at it. Rats will. He should ~ but, in the real world, most likely won't ~ then pop back to search for and remove any dead or dying rats. But, either way, that Dog would need to sit down and eat a truck load of poisoned rats in order to do itself any lasting harm. That's just not going to happen. Ok? Dog'll be fine and so will the local wildlife - except those rats.

And so on and so forth ..... ;)

But get a Professional onto it. Please.