Little Oasis

Guest k9wpg

Got permission to train on a spot of land a farmer friend has in between Kirby and Rainford.. wasnt expecting anything on it,just a couple of fields stubble barley and maybe if lucky a small covey of grey partridge.Pulled up on field took a four young springer pups .Hunted them up 3 on lead whilst first hunted within a couple of minutes pushed two hares out,kept on going with the first head on flush with a hen pheasant sitting very tight on stubble. All three remaining younsters all had similar flushes.All in all perfect day.Could not have set it up if I tried

What made it perfect day was this land isnt shot it ,it has no shoots that near it ,it has housing estates on its edges and seems to be undisturbed and not spoilt by anyone.I pick up on a lot of shoots but never hit a spot like this.The farmer has steward strips which hold rabbits and birds,small flash had geese and as dusk was falling the first Mallard where coming on to feed.. by the end of day as dusk finally fell and as i lit a fag i felt as if my lottery numbers had come up.

The dogs had done very well and eyerything was well with the world ..too good to be true you bettcha this week coming the stubble is being ploughed and my land will be gone.

:( :( :( :( :( :(