stocks

ive just been given an old bsa meteor, the stock is terrible, it a very light colour.

Thought about stripping it down and oiling it but just had a thought about making a completely new stock as i have a nice piece of mahogony or see what else i can get my hands on.

Has anyone attempted this before. Where could i get some sort of template etc

I think with a little time and effort i could do a canny job...

Cheers

lol,today i have just started the same! got an old meteor,mechanically sound but in major need of a strip,clean and relube. im no expert on airgun workings but the strip down was very easy.not many parts and pretty obvious as to what goes where(useful for the rebuild!lol)only thing is the trigger.to remove the piston,you have to remove the mechanism,at least i did as it seemed the easiest option.although a very simple piece i have a feeling it wont go back as easily... should just be a case of fiddling though!i hope.... as for the stock,i was thinking just the same thing.so let us know how you get on or if you get a template.

ha ha, what a coincidence.

I am going to do a few more searches looking for anything on the net relating to the stock.

What are the basic things i need to do to re tune the mechanisms?

Its a rellly old model so would i need to replace the spring and seals etc?

Any info would be appreciated as i have never done this before.

Cheers

ha ha, what a coincidence.

I am going to do a few more searches looking for anything on the net relating to the stock.

What are the basic things i need to do to re tune the mechanisms?

Its a rellly old model so would i need to replace the spring and seals etc?

Any info would be appreciated as i have never done this before.

Cheers

this might be of some use guys...i hope so anyway

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/archive/in...p/t-115108.html

and i dunno if its of interest but in 'general info' theres a section on stock laminating here

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ora8i/

youve propebly got this one

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplaycate...&cat=Meteor

lee :thumbs:

well mine is OLD but once out,the main spring is straight as a die and looks brand new. as does the piston head so a degrease and polish,relube and back together for mine! will let you know how i go and try and get some pics up.

Guest wolfy46
ive just been given an old bsa meteor, the stock is terrible, it a very light colour.

Thought about stripping it down and oiling it but just had a thought about making a completely new stock as i have a nice piece of mahogony or see what else i can get my hands on.

Has anyone attempted this before. Where could i get some sort of template etc

I think with a little time and effort i could do a canny job...

Cheers

Refiting- upgradeing your stock is simple as long as you use decent tools(that said i can get good stipling done with a blunt nail);use your body as a template you can extend the length of the butt and add depth to it aswell to make it seat well to the shoulder, then make a tyrolene cheek piece to suit your face. even a thumbhole is easy with pistol grip. have done all these to guns and sold them on at a handsom proffit, you could even paint your own cammo on it :thumbs::thumbs: