Recommended Scottish Gunsmiths

I'm looking at getting some work done on my TX 200 HC .22 just to get the poundage down a touch as she is running a touch close to the 12lbs limit. (11.9) as I found out after running several shots over the Chronograph.

Does any know of a gunsmith they have used / recommended in the Central Belt or slightly further afield.

Any help will always be appreciated.

Thanks for the info Tim,

I was looking at the transformation job Matty has done on his TX and from what youtube videos I've seen it does look fairly easy so I will attempt it as Crieff is slightly further afield than I anticipated. I'll check out the AA owners club and see what info they have as well.

Running that close to the wind if I put in the wrong pellet (Accupel or RWS superdome) it would put me over and that's not a good thing :cray: but the RWS Super H point is consistently under.

Thanks for the offer, it's reassuring to have a back up if I come across a problem not that I'm hoping to of course. I'll get some samples of the pellets you mentioned to see which one suits the barrel the best after sorting the poundage.

Thanks again

No problem, if you have any worries I'm quite happy to talk you through it over the phone but it really is simplicity itself. If you drop the power to around 11.2 it will be sweet but I would advise trying some different pellets if you haven't already. AA Fields and Express, Jsb Exacts and Defiants in 4.52 have all proved themselves in TX and Prosport barrels.

Regards

Tim

I think in my case it will be 5.51 or 5.52 since I have a .22