Llewellin Setters

does anybody know anything about Llewellin setters? i was offered a pup from good working stock last night for a good price. i have no experience with them and was wondering does anyone know what they are like all round? thanks for your help folks

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know anything about Llewellin setters? i was offered a pup from good working stock last night for a good price. i have no experience with them and was wondering does anyone know what they are like all round? thanks for your help folks

Hellow stevoman, I hav'nt got vast amounts of experience with any of the setters but the best I have seen work are Llewellin. If you have never seen one they are nothing at like mos other "types" of English setter. They are very small but have seemingly endless stamina and their working style is ajoy to watch. If one has never trained a HPR before it would be massive task getting one to a very high standard, but hey one never gets nothing without trying. Best of luck and I would love to know what you decide. Best wishes "Warren"