Hi Folks

Only just joined and not sure if this should be posted here but didn't see anywhere specifically for gun info. I bought an aya no 3 a couple of weeks ago for wildfowling and also just general shooting I was told by the guy in the shop it was good for steel shot its choked at half and quarter but there is no fleur de lise on the barrels I understand that it will be fine with anything no greater than 34 grams to be on the safe side but ive since visited two separate gunsmiths one said don't use steel shot the other said it should be fine with anything. Ive also asked a couple of people who are familiar with nontoxic shot and one said to use hevishot but it was my belief that hevishot is harder than steel. I know this steel shot thing probably gets asked quite a lot but was just wondering if anyone had experience specifically with this model of shotgun. As you can appreiciate with lots of conflicting info it gets confusing.

Cheers Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I use an AYA No 3. I used to have a .10 bore but the shells got too expensive, then I chopped it in for a Browning semi auto but I found it quite fussy on what shells it liked plus the empties were flung far and wide so that went as well. I bought the AYA No3 second hand and had the chokes bored out to Improved Cylinder and 1/4, that was possibly about 15 years ago, I've used it every season since with a variety of cartridges - lead, steel, Hevi shot, bismuth etc and been successful with it on all quarry from snipe & teal up to the biggest canadas. "Back to basics" is best for wildfowling, there's less to go wrong, I love my AYA, you'll not be disappointed.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...