Like Riding A Bike.....

Had my first day out diggin for almost a year today, met up with an old pal on his permission, jumped on keepers quad and headed to first earth, collared up the my chocolate dog and he knew straight away why we were there!!! Nice little earth with 4/5 holes, dog went straight in and was baying in minutes, result, let him settle for a bit, got a reading of 1.1m , took us a bit longer to dig down as ground was just hard sticky clay but broke through soon enough and dispatched nice size dog fox. Short and sweet but job well done, my dog was still keen so ran on and searched the earth but nothing else there.

Moved on to another earth a few fields away on a corner of a wood, looked really rabbity!! Few bigger holes probably 12/14 holes so put him in and it wasn't long before he was baying again, took ages for him to settle was moving round and scratching on, finally bolted s brace of foxes, but only netted a few holes so the fuckers got away... Till next time.

All in all had a good day out, missed it big time, can't wait till next week!

Cheers danny

• Like 2