You can buy Agriculturial land at a decent price around here. Last year a mate of mine picked up 6 acres for £22,000 as seen in the pic's. the plan is to live on it as apparantly you can live on land provideing you have live stock to look after that need security and constant careing for plus some other loop holes in the law? I'm not sure what the law is here but if anyone can fill me in I would appreciate it?

Also apparantly when you have lived on there for a number of years, <I don't know how many> you can then apply for a "certificate of lawfulness" to make it a perminent residence, then subsiqently you can apply for planning permision? weather that gets granted is another thing :hmm: . does anyone have any legal info or loopholes on this also??

The place this guy has in perfect!! its well away from any main roads and you litterally have to pass through woodland down a farm track before you know it exists....

Cheers

Jasper

post-251-1189802737_thumb.jpg

post-251-1189802747_thumb.jpg

You can buy Agriculturial land at a decent price around here. Last year a mate of mine picked up 6 acres for £22,000 as seen in the pic's. the plan is to live on it as apparantly you can live on land provideing you have live stock to look after that need security and constant careing for plus some other loop holes in the law? I'm not sure what the law is here but if anyone can fill me in I would appreciate it?

Also apparantly when you have lived on there for a number of years, <I don't know how many> you can then apply for a "certificate of lawfulness" to make it a perminent residence, then subsiqently you can apply for planning permision? weather that gets granted is another thing :hmm: . does anyone have any legal info or loopholes on this also??

The place this guy has in perfect!! its well away from any main roads and you litterally have to pass through woodland down a farm track before you know it exists....

Cheers

Jasper

there is a loop hole if the land is yours and you put a mobile home on it, you know the type you get at caravan parks, thats to start with cos depending where you live they aint gonna let you stick a big old house on it, then after a while you apply for something moree permanent cos you cant live your life in a caravan, a pal of mine did it when he bought an old stable yard.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Right of access is another consideration, mate. No good owning some acres in the middle of nowhere it something happens and ye suddenly find ye land completely bounded by 'hostile' land and the track ye always took for granted turns out to be owned by the new enemy.

I have shared ownership of my own track into here. My neighbour / mate owns a share too. That means he can always move his cows on that track. But a while back he asked my permission to move them over my few square yards of turning / parking space and through his gate into his field. Thus saving himself a couple of miles extra trip.

Seemed simply ridiculous to me that he should be asking me :blink: Like; 'Should I take a two mile circuit with a dozen cattle? Or may I turn right, rather than left, outside ye gate and walk them over this invisible barrier and twenty feet across the identical tarmac and through my other gate?' FFS! But That's how it is. That's my twenty foot square of road. It stands in his way. He asked. If we ever fell out big time? I could condemn him to a life time of making a two mile detour a couple of times a year. 'Big deal'.

But, get it wrong with access and ye could quite easily and realisticly end up owning land ye simply can't get to without a helicopter. Never accept a grace and favour option on access. Secure it in writing. For ever.

Right of access is another consideration, mate. No good owning some acres in the middle of nowhere it something happens and ye suddenly find ye land completely bounded by 'hostile' land and the track ye always took for granted turns out to be owned by the new enemy.

I have shared ownership of my own track into here. My neighbour / mate owns a share too. That means he can always move his cows on that track. But a while back he asked my permission to move them over my few square yards of turning / parking space and through his gate into his field. Thus saving himself a couple of miles extra trip.

Seemed simply ridiculous to me that he should be asking me :blink: Like; 'Should I take a two mile circuit with a dozen cattle? Or may I turn right, rather than left, outside ye gate and walk them over this invisible barrier and twenty feet across the identical tarmac and through my other gate?' FFS! But That's how it is. That's my twenty foot square of road. It stands in his way. He asked. If we ever fell out big time? I could condemn him to a life time of making a two mile detour a couple of times a year. 'Big deal'.

But, get it wrong with access and ye could quite easily and realisticly end up owning land ye simply can't get to without a helicopter. Never accept a grace and favour option on access. Secure it in writing. For ever.

by the looks of that ariiel shot, he "has" got a helicopter lol but yes dithc shitter is correct access is important and by the looks of that pic that field in the middle of a whole load of oter fields, i think youd have to get a legal document to allow you right of way, i think its some sort of covenent or something like that.

I think you're right there Ditch and smallford. he brought the land but litterally got the right of access on a hand shake with the Farmer he brought the land off :hmm:!! this could well be a bit dodgy should the Farmer sell up completly which he is thinking of doing.

The Lad has one of them Paramotors which is how he got the aerial shots, it could well come in handy if their is a fall out with the farmer. Having said that I would love to live like that, its surpriseing what sport you can have on this small bit of land but he also has permision to do the surrounding land which is near on 1800 acres, its a cracking spot and for a field sportsman you couldn't ask for much more, the other thing he has done since then is dug out a large pit which is now stocked with Carp and tench and a few other types of fish...

Cheers

Jasper

thers another not far from him who brought 6 acres for a song with a pit dug out for fishing. this place now is near enough self afficient. he now has two big poly tunnels, some pigs, he paid to have a Bore hole and pump fitter for his water, he has also paid to tap it into the electricity. The Burner not onlyt heats, he cooks on it and it also heats the water, plus a never ending supply of wood as he drops all the old trees for the local farmers.

This guy only buys the food essentials and the rest he Grows or culls himself.....

Cheers

Jasper

Come and buy our place mate!,4 acres with no neighbours and a nice three bedroom Estate house yet with easy access to the main roads and all the hawking permission that you could want!! :thumbs::yes:

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen