Guest jbswildlife

sorry did not read right

place a small meshed cage in an area thats dry and place frozen gabbage into it the sort you get from farmfoods the rats love that because its a food source and water soure in one.

try www.trapman.co.uk

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Probably the best rat cage trap I've ever used: Here. And this one's Really made in england. Not some chinky shit fobbed off as brit' made.

Important thing is to provide shelter . cover for the trap. It's simply disgusting to leave any captive animal exposed to rain or sunshine, even 'just untill ye check'. So, as JBS suggests; A "dry" area, inside a building, is fine. But outside? Cover the roof of the trap or ye'll likely end up with a dead customer anyway.

My own views on baits are, basicly, offer them what they'd expect. Bird food, by a bird feeding station. Farm animal feed, around 'stock farms. In the city? Believe it or not; I've found nothing draws them like a lightly pierced bag of rank, liguid animal fat. I guess they think it's a Big Mac or Kebab. Just what they'll expect and are used to.

But, hopefully, ye'll bulk at the cost of these traps and just take the f*cking pup out to where there are plenty of rats and let it hunt out and kill it's own one. Why on earth teach a Dog rats are things shaken out of cages at their feet?

Oops! Oh, I Do apologise! My bad. I read ye completely wrong and that disgusting practice has absolutely nothing to do with why ye insisting on a Live rat, has it. I humbly eat my words.

:rolleyes:

So why the need of a live rat? Just out of curiosity?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh: Fair comment, mate. And ye took that barb exceptionally well! :yes: (Actually; Ye might have recognised that I was up to my old trick of indirectly aiming it at the idiot faction who Read such stuff? " Addressing the Gallery ", as it's known. I have you down as a more serious Terrier Man than that)

Anyway, yeppers. Trap I mention would be my choice, bar none. The " Monarch " design - half round tunnel with a funnel and trap door? - I always found were better suited to grays. But one of those little beauties, just baited with chicken corn, would be a cracker for that situation.

Having said that mate; Has she 'got rats'? Only, if she's seeing the f*cking things, believe me; She's Got Rats! B*stard above me keeps chickens - lots of them Badly! - and I now refer to him as the Rat Rancher! F*cking things are spilling onto my ground and the poor sod above him. It's like I'm paying this c*** rent now! I'm spending so much on bait to control his over spill. Might be cheaper for me to march up there and wipe the lot out, at source? But what's the use? They'd come back as he'd change nothing :no:

So there's a clue for ye sis'; Knock them down, fast and hard, with bait. Then consider why they came and look to preventing a re run.

I consider a cage ok for a 'stray' rat in a garden. But, if things start getting to the 'visible rats' stage? For all my own love of trapping, I get the bait stations filled.

There's plenty of Pro' Pest Controllers on here. Need any more pointers, shout and I'm sure we'll all do what we can ;)