Different Dogs /different Methods

I lamp them out of the truck , a lot of my permission borders the sand dunes the bitch is a bit quicker than the dog but the dog is better in the rough grass, beddy x whippet are quicker, like I say I just treat them like lurchers , once the dog gets a hold they are dead very very hard mouth on him

Edited by bigears

thank you for that info on bedlingtons

you may have swayed me towards a beddy when my terrier gets older

which is something else i.m going to have to put some thought into as well as another lurcher

as has been previously said the best potential owner for any lurcher is someone with a bit of patience and possibly a good sense of humor

as i,ve found it also helps not to be too proud and ask for help and advice when things don,t go as planned.

although i,ve always kept dogs my latest is my first lurcher and its easy to fall into the trap of thinking you know it all because of the years of dog training under your belt.

i have learnt so much off helpful folks on this site and others and as they say you never stop learning.

i think i would be happy to try another lurcher because of this.

a couple of my mates are now interested in getting a lurcher but i have advised them against it because of their lack of patience and because they are used to different types of dogs [ labs terriers and spaniels]

as has been stated certain types require the attitude to training outlined above ,but if my friends persist in going for a lurcher is their a type that would be best suited to them and be more forgiving of a less patient owner?

Edited by whipbed