Call From Chicken Farm

got a call from a chicken farm the night before last saying a fox was trying to get her chickens and could I go down.so I said I would go down Saturday,so I went to a woman above the farm who has some chickens.we had been there about an hour when a fox came running up the fence but I couldn't get a shot at him so he was gone,mind you the moon didn't help.we waited a bit longer but nothing so about 12 oclock we went to the chicken farm down the road.pulled in the field and just sat in the car scanning with the night vision then the bloody battery in the illuminator went so I took the one off my scope and put on the binoculars.so now it was about 2 oclock so I said to my buddy bugger it lets go so I packed the rifle away and got the lamp just to have a quick look before we went and a fox jumped through the fence my side but as soon as the lamp shone on him he jumped back through the fence and disappeared.so I waited about another 20 mins and packed rifle away,i shone the lamp again but this time behind me and there he was sat out between 350 and 400 yards so I got the rifle out again rested on a gate post and took the shot.he went down and he didn't move perfect shot,i went to get him and on looking at him he had been about a long time he was an old dog fox a big boy to.

001_zps95a2826d.jpg

Edited by bouncer