Thinking About Ferrets

hi lads first post in a long time hope everyones ok

iv had ferrets on and off for years but havnt had any since iv owned my current dog a saluki collie lurcher

only got him for daytime and lamping but I was down the beach the other day and decided to take a short cut through the dunes, to my surprise I noticed rabbit droppings so I told the dog to go find... and he did. resulting in a short chase to which the rabbit escaped down its burrow. now iv never really took much notice of my dog marking before but as I watched him go round the set I could see he was marking well, we moved on and found another small warren and I stood back and watched again to see how he marked this time as he chased the last one in,

he marked this one as well and I could tell it was been used by fresh droppings ect, the next day I went for a mooch to a set I used to ferret years back local to me and stood back and watched, he showed little interest to this set but found a new set 100 yards or so away and marked positively

this got me thinking about ferrets and ferreting, I know hes ferret broke as my dad had 2 a few years ago and he was fine with them, I even tried taking him once when he was about 10 month old with my dad but he showed no interest and whined all the time we were there, but watching him lately he shows more concentration, obviously he has matured

this could be a new thing for him to learn and to be honest I do miss abit of ferreting, shame I got rid off all my nets and finder but I do have a carry box so when I get back from my hols ill start looking for a decent little jill and see how things go

just wanted to share this with you all

thanks for looking

sam