A couple of questions about Ferrets

uru

I would like to get a pair of ferrets.We have owned them off & on for years,but the ones we have had,have always been fixed.Does anyone have advice about getting a pair to breed,I would like to hear any helpful input.I would be keeping the litter,and raising it.Are there any special things to consider?Thank you,

craig

mate if the jills in seasone they will breed dont wory about that ..as for advice well good feed(fur and feather) keep the shit corner clean and dont disturb the kitts too soon

bullsmilk,

Thank you.

craig

which state do you live in as some states have banned the breeding of ferrets you will have to check the laws in your area , do you want to work your ferrets or show them , try and get yourself a good book i recomend http://www.amazon.com/Ferret-Breeding-Mode...554&sr=1-21 . if you have any specific questions about breeding post them here and i will try and answer them and if i cant help someone else will know the answer . .... all the best Ade

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:clapper: Bulls'; If only I could bang out more posts like that! I'd have so much more time for Life! Talk about succinct encapsulation! :good:

Uru; As ye in USA, mate, I wouldn't have a clue about ye laws. But, if it's ferret husbandry ye'd like to learn about? I'd suggest ye leave at least the very greatest majority of home grown books on the shelf. Ferrets have been kept in britain since long before Columbus pushed off.

Book I've Always most highly reccomended is, The Complete Book of Ferrets, by Val Poerter and Nick Brown. Published by Pehham, uk. Around twenty five years ago. Before anyone in this country had even Heard of the idea of feeding ferrets shit out of greasy little foil pouches. And a time when, one might imagine, there were no flys in the summer.

Book I've Always most highly reccomended is, The Complete Book of Ferrets, by Val Poerter and Nick Brown. Published by Pehham, uk. Around twenty five years ago. Before anyone in this country had even Heard of the idea of feeding ferrets shit out of greasy little foil pouches. And a time when, one might imagine, there were no flys in the summer.

I have just bought this book from someone on here and am looking forward to reading it, had a flick through it and it looks very well written. So Im just backing up what ditch is saying really.