I read an article last year that contained info on how to make a set of gloves from a rabbit skin. Ive had a go and failed to be honest! I was wondering if anybody else has made anything from skins and whether they have any tips

I tend to treat my skins naturally bud. Not too good if ya tickle stomached tho lol

Cushion Covers is a new one on me bud never thought of that one!

Ive got a pellet pouch i made but cant find it too put up the photos!

It was the missus' idea but muggins here got the job!

We do about 30 game and country fairs through the year and we've had all sorts of people buying them for all sorts of reasons. We had one woman who bought 50 odd skins to make a throw. She insisted on laying them out behind the stand to pick out the similar colours. Took a while :laugh:.

You'd be surprised how many people at game fairs are disgusted that we sell rabbit skins though. Don't think about the leather belt that's holding up their trousers or the leather boots they're walking around in for some reason :whistling:

• Like 2

I have met these people the so called 'conservationists' that don realise that without people like us doing what we do the world an creatures in it would be a very different place.

I must say I like the sound of the cushions i may have to give that a try :-)

Ive never thought of selling them before i usually just give them to friends for training there dogs lol or attempt to make things (badly) haha

Well the ones that we sell are bought in large quantities as raw skins from the pet food industry and tanned here. We mainly sell the knives, tools etc. that are on the www.sportingcutlery.co.uk site but the skins are a good addition. As you say, a lot of guys buy them for dog training dummies and then women and kids love them because they're fluffy :laugh:

Other things our customers have used them for are things like boot linings, sewn into the inside of jackets to make jacket linings, hats, gun slip linings and loads more! You name it, someone else has already thought of it :laugh:

ATB

Sam

• Like 1

The possibilities are quite endless it seems tm.

Im gonna have to go bag some bunnies i think and do some crafting.

Pics to follow when ive made some bits an pieces people!

Indeed it is mate!

I''d be interested to see how it turns out!

Sam

• 3 months later...