Bsa Scorpion Se, Opinions

Love my 177 scorpion. Its the ss tac version and it's very accurate. I bought it secondhand and its been customised so I've never owned a straight out the box one. Nevertheless, I'm sure a standard one would be just as accurate.

Mine has a rowan engineering custom 2 stage trigger and a tench regulator fitted so it does 80 or so shots at a consistent 11.6fpe with crosman premier heavies. Mine shoots aa fields and premiers lovely. I only use premiers in it though as I find them slightly more accurate, I know their trajectory well and they pack quite a whack.

If I can find a multi shot tench or xtx regged one in .177 secondhand I'll probably get it. But for the time being my single shot is doing the job very well.

Highly recommend the scorpion.

Thank you for the input danco1987! that is one thing i am considering getting is a match trigger, but then again ill get a propper feeling for the gun when i actually get it and start using it a lot!

And are the regs worth the money? and are they a DIY job or a gunsmith's job? ill see what i think of my SE before i think about getting one tho but just wondering other peoples opinions?

ATB

Mike :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

i own one meself and gotta say i use it more than my other 2 rifles, its a little weighty

but being used to carrying the 97k about im used to it, got the BEECH version though

and ave to say even tho im not normally a beech fan, it does looks the bees knees! lol

getcha self down that shop and give the man e's money, i KNOW u WONT regret it! :)

Edited by (g80na1886)

I've just bought a second scorpion which is a multi shot. It's the standard length not the carbine. So I'm swapping the breech over to my carbine turning it from a ss into a multi shot and will have the single shot breech put on to the standard length rifle. Can't wait till its done and I can get out hunting again!

i own one meself and gotta say i use it more than my other 2 rifles, its a little weighty

but being used to carrying the 97k about im used to it, got the BEECH version though

and ave to say even tho im not normally a beech fan, it does looks the bees knees! lol

getcha self down that shop and give the man e's money, i KNOW u WONT regret it! :)

Thanks mate! I'm picking mine up tomorrow! and i have decided with beach, simply because i had a talk with Tony Wall and he told me that if i choose walnut he will have to order one in and can't guarantee what it will look like! plus the beech is cheaper and still looks really nice! :boogy:

I've just bought a second scorpion which is a multi shot. It's the standard length not the carbine. So I'm swapping the breech over to my carbine turning it from a ss into a multi shot and will have the single shot breech put on to the standard length rifle. Can't wait till its done and I can get out hunting again!

I see you have yours reg'd? how much did this cost and is it worth the money mate?

I see you have yours reg'd? how much did this cost and is it worth the money mate?

I have bought two scorpions and both came already regulated with a tench reg. XTX air charges £150 to tune and reg a scorpion with a Tench regulator. I have a carbine scorpion which will do about 70-80 full power shots in .177. I also have a standard length rifle which will do over 100 shots in .177 but I have not properly counted either tbh. The power consistency is great, no noticeable curve and makes it worth doing for that alone. You also get more shots per fill than a new out the box scorpion I understand.

I usually get to my permissions, zero and then hunt. Maybe shoot targets a bit more if the rabbits aren't showing. I sometimes only use as little as 2/3 shots, other times 30-40 if I do a bit of target shooting as well, but never empty the rifle nor get close to. Then I top up with pump before I go out again.

As Promised lads heres she is! This is my Scorpion SE in .177, the scope is a HAWKE Sport HD IR 4-12 x 50 and i cant remember what silencer it is but i picked all of the things you see from Sandwell Field Sports yesterday and from what I've tried its a fantastic rifle. I cant wait to go out to see what this can do at distance because I've only been able to manage shots at about 21 yards so far but it will easily do groups less than a 5p using AA field 4.52. This is my first PCP and so far i love it! :D

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

:thumbs:

Edited by Miikee-L