Few Pics

yeah my personal opinion is that the wire haired is a much more handsome dog, do the coats grow much thicker than the pictures show?

how would you rate the difficulty in training in comparrison to a lab, i guess if you put the time in with any breed you will get results! although it would be my first attempt so do you think i would be running before i could walk.

How would they fair on a driven pheasant shoot from a beating point of view, would the point be an issue, currently i am in a driven shoot where i will be standing, this would primarily give the opportunity only for picking up.

do you have any more pictures of your dogs, whats the stud dog look like, is he as big as the bitch and whats his coat like.

one final issue, i would like to keep my dog indoors, how do they fair in a family situation.

cheers much appreciated.

Andy

Kali has the true wire coat..they do throw pups with wooly coats also..these arent ideal as they arent harsh or waterproof. The stud dog we are using also has a wire coat but isnt as profuse as Kali's. We have never had any other sort of gundog apart from Vizslas, so i cant really comment on the difference between training a Wire and a Lab..obviously the job you are expecting of the Wire is more complex that what a Labrador is bred to do, Kali's began training at 6m old and i would say its really been in the last year that she has brought everything together..as you say..you get out what you put in. Kali is taken out by my husband or her handler on picking up days as well as walked up shooting days, she will perform whichever task you ask of her. Due to some tw*t firing right over her head, she has had a few difficulties recently on shoots when she is near the guns and is a bit worried, so she seems to stick to the handlers side, but will go out and retrieve when asked. The stud dog we are using is a bit slighter than Kali, a little more 'rakey' looking..we chose this dog on purpose as Kali is quite large and masculine for a bitch..i can get some pics of the stud dog for you though. Wires do best living in the house amongst the family, they arent a dog that thrives shut away in a kennel, they are very loving and like to be involved in all aspects of family life. I have put up all the pics i have on disc of Kali..but can take some more once i get back from holiday - a week on Sunday.