Benjamin Sheridan 397Pa Information

Hi all

I'm looking for some information about pump Benjamin Sheridans 397 PA. I have bought one here in america. My father said he has seen them before in England in the 70s or 80s I cant remember? Where they recalled?

I cant find out when mine was made I have typed in the serial code but cant find any information about this particular model.

Any information about this gun would be great

Thanks

• 1 month later...

The model you have is essentially the Benjamin 397 pneumatic pump being sold to this day. The number 7 is used to indicate .177". PA, not so sure about. Pump Action perhaps? Crosman bought out the Benjamin Air Rifle Co.in 1992. Benjamin pumps were marketed as Benjamin-Sheridan from 1994 to 1998. After 1998 Benjamin referred to the .177" and .22" air guns and Sheridan was used to denote the .20" air gun.

To most Yanks a serious airgun is either a Benjamin, a Sheridan, or a Beeman. The prevalance of the .20" here was started years ago by the slightly up-market appeal of the Sheridan. Sheridan was bought out by Benjamin in 1977. Benjamin made the airguns, 12 miles from where I live, in South Saint Louis from 1906 to 1986. The factory moved to Racine, Wisconsin, and then upstate New York.

Contact MAC1 Airguns on the web or Pyramyd Air. Both have rebuild kits and service. Greg Lundy makes scope mounts for Benjamins and can be found on the "Yellow"(Classified Airguns, Kitching) Steve from NC is on the "Yellow" also and has done a lot of work with Benji & 'Dan pumps.

Being entitled we can use the Benji's here. Don't know how they would fit into the UK scheme of things. You have an iconic Yank pellet gun.

Peace, hope this helps,

RiverRomper

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...