A Days Ferreting In January

got up this morning around 7 o clock got sorted for a days ferreting :thumbs:

off i set around half 7 i have arrived at my first ditch got setup got nets all down an was ready to put my ferret in at around 8.15.

got my locator on my ferret and dropped him in he was in for a good ten mins no noise or nothing going on under ground so i wait another few mins (boom boom thud boom thud thud) i could hear the ground going mad out bolts 1 rabbit straight into the net :laugh: hadn't even got over to get him out and another one straight out the hole behind him so lucky enough i had my shotgun on board so i got a nice shot at him when i let him out 40 to 45 yards :boogy: got my other rabbit out the net and into the bag.

got nets lifted an off to the next hole up the field got set up again ferret was away in give it about ten minutes bang bang through the hole but nothing appeared out so i had to locate my ferret and get the spade to ground dug down less than a foot an it was a pocket with ferret trying to work them out so i lifted me ferret put my arm up felt one rabbit got him in the bag then two rabbits out then for my third one in the pocket of the borrow things was on a up :drinks:

long story short now had a really good day all in bagged 25 rabbits an shot three rabbits best day i have had in a good wee while :toast:

• Like 1