pup problem

i sold a pup to a lady and she is just off the phone saying that the pup

has only dropped one ball and her dad who is a vet says she has been

ripped off i have checked the other pups and they are all wright i am

going to offer her ,her money back and take the pup back what do

you think :victory:

Guest Frank

I have heard of this before :hmm: , its a long name i cant get my tongue round, let alone spell :blink:

But has something to do with what you have said Luke, i think its nowt to worry about, but, as far as i know, the pup, when older, wont be able to produce pups?

Now, i could be completely rong, just what i heard.

Frank.

Edited by Frank

is it the 10 week old whippet pup you are talking about ,whippets are known to have retained testicles but at 10 weeks old ,they seem to go up and down like yoyos lol ,its almost like someones" grabbing my balls again" and they suck them in , mind you id rather take it back ,run it on a bit longer and sell it on to a nicer person ,its not like you deliberately sold her a knacker

i sold a pup to a lady and she is just off the phone saying that the pup

has only dropped one ball and her dad who is a vet says she has been

ripped off i have checked the other pups and they are all wright i am

going to offer her ,her money back and take the pup back what do

you think :victory:

she must take a lot of notice of its balls then :laugh::laugh:

Luke that is very good of you to offer to give the money back and take back the pup, :clapper:

some breeders would just fob you off and deny that the pup was affected with this condition, :angry:

but well done you!!

if the testical doesn't drop then I would not breed from it in the future as it's a condition thats passed on down the line both in bitches and dogs, so mum and dad can both (or just one of them) carry this genetic faulty gene, and pass it on to thier pups.

BTW they are stunning looking pups!! a real credit to you!

I think you are a star we had three pups off a guy in lincoln turns out the dog was blind top greyhound vet in our area said breeding - neurological the breeder accused us of letting the pup take a bang to the head and also said it must be the injection! the vet told him the same as he told us but he was having none of it he was rude to both me and the wife on the phone we ended up two weeks ago having the poor pup put down as he kept running in to things full tilt :censored: As people that have dogs all our lives you can imagine how this made us feel as a whole family pretty shafted to say the least still I wanted to share this with you as for you to do this for this lady you are a real gent mate :clapper:

Steve

Hes a monorchid as only one testes has descended. I think it increases the chance of testicular cancer. I think its fair to take him back and give a refund. However he will not be able to breed and will probably be best to castrate him. I'm sure someone will want a castrate :)

thanks for the replys i phoned the lady back to offer her

money back but she wants to keep the pup i think

it was her father that was pushing the issue typical

vet but as she was planning to get a bitch whippet

in the future for breeding i said i would give her the

use of my stud dog for free as iknow he is a hundred

percent cant be any fairer than that :victory:

As I understand it (and have read) that the pup must be castrated when he reaches maturity, to prevent future problems down the line...... its a very kind offer to let the owner use your stud dog for free.

I wonder if this type of thing is covered by insurance, as when you get a pup you would not know there was a problem - but it is obviously a more techincal operation to castrate??