what route should i go

I must admit, I've always had air rifles for bunny shooting, but I went out with a mate for the first time a few months back with his .22 silenced rimmy. God damn I was impressed!! It made less noise than my silenced .22 RWS excalibre and was deadly accurate over a much greater range.

If I did more shooting I would treat myself, as they are much cheaper than the majority of air rifles, however have a look at the land you shoot over. If it's mainly around barns and built up areas, then stick with the air rifle. If it's more open where you shoot and you can guarantee a safe backdrop on each shot, I think I'd go for the rimmy!!

Ferret

I actually use all three from time to time.I use a 12ft lb air rifle for roost shooting in barns etc and rat shooting,I also use a 28ft lb air rifle for open buries or places where the rabbits are out in the open well away from cover,but too near the road or pathways to use the rimfire.I also have the rimfire and shotgun for the rest.And hopefully will add a deer calibre end of this year begining of next.

Hope that helps you in some way...........................Martin.