at last i have been able to get my mitts on a sony hdr cx6, i dont have a clue about digi cameras,but was hoping to use it as an add on for rabbit shooting with my .22 ultra,.22lr cz & 17mmr.Making a dsa is no problem ( 37mm adaptor tube ?). what i would like to know is the best settings for the camera,also is the distance between ocular lense andcamera critical? which illuminators are people using,i would like to head shoot bunnies realistically out to 70/80m . In the past i have played with gen1 & newton digi which needed constant adjustment , will a sony be the same? Thanks to the forum for keepin me up all night getting addicted to n.v.!!!

hi mate

nice choice i use the same cam and 70-80m won't be a prob

first up you need to us the cam on a parallax adjustable scope, ideally side p/a just easier to use.

the distance between cam and scope not crucial but i have mine quite close.

when all fixed on set the cam on to manual focus then focus the cam on to the crosshairs so they are nice and sharp then you just leave the cam alone well may be just zoom in a little if needed to fill the screen on the cam.

(you will need to set to manual focus each time you go out as the cam resets to auto focus after 24 hours.)

then you just use the scope as usual to focus on the image/target and use the mag on the scope to zoom in if need be but i leave mine on around 8x mag.

other settings that help a bit but not crucial

turn off super steadyshot stops crosshairs moving around.

turn off built in ir to save battery.

turn of bleep to make the cam silent.

i use either a odicforce laser or a nite hunter 300ir this being the better of the two.

if you need any more help or info just drop me a pm i may be able to help.

atb mark

Edited by azz22