running a pajero on bio diesel

Hi, the best way to start is mix it 50/50 and gradually increase the bio to say 75/25 and so on until you are running it 100%

All diesels should run on 100% well made bio, its when you try run on veg oil that you are more likely to have problems.

One thing i would stress to you if and when you start using bio is to make sure after running about two tankfuls to change your fuel filter, this is a common thing where people have trouble, and then blame it on the bio, bio is a natural fuel and will clean all of the sediment and crap created by normal diesel out of your tank and fuel lines and dump it in the fuel filter, which is where it is supposed to go, but if you then don't change your filter you will encounter fuel starvation problems and any mechanic will automatically blame it on the bio...

I have been producing bio myself for about 6-8 months and would not dream of using normal diesel whilst i can get oil to make bio.

I used to find when i bought bio from a commercial producer that when filling my Terrano with 70 litres i made a saving of around £30.00 and i would do that most weeks.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Stephen

Hi, the best way to start is mix it 50/50 and gradually increase the bio to say 75/25 and so on until you are running it 100%

All diesels should run on 100% well made bio, its when you try run on veg oil that you are more likely to have problems.

One thing i would stress to you if and when you start using bio is to make sure after running about two tankfuls to change your fuel filter, this is a common thing where people have trouble, and then blame it on the bio, bio is a natural fuel and will clean all of the sediment and crap created by normal diesel out of your tank and fuel lines and dump it in the fuel filter, which is where it is supposed to go, but if you then don't change your filter you will encounter fuel starvation problems and any mechanic will automatically blame it on the bio...

I have been producing bio myself for about 6-8 months and would not dream of using normal diesel whilst i can get oil to make bio.

I used to find when i bought bio from a commercial producer that when filling my Terrano with 70 litres i made a saving of around £30.00 and i would do that most weeks.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Stephen

did you have to make any modifications?

No i made no modifications at all apart from to my wallet..... :boogy:

I also run my Vauxhall Vivaro van on it and i have been told by a few mechanics that it won't run on it because it is common rail rather than direct injection, but i have done for the last 6 months with no problems at all.

If you have a look at the link below that is a site for bio producers, ask the questions on there, they are usually very helpful:

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk

and click on the discussion board link

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Stephen

Edited by ste68blue