pulsar GS add on first blood

Until now I've been using a digital monocular for spotting then using the gun lamp pointing hopefully in the right direction of where I think the quarry is. Not without a fair share of missed opportunities as bunny happily hops off during my confusion (not exactly painting the picture of the skilled night hunter :D )

It's been rubbish weather up here since xmas so last night was my first try with the pulsar gen 1+ fitted to a Mamba light 4-16 x 44 atop a Savage 17hmr.

The IR source was an N1000 AP and any moon was out of sight under full cloud cover. It was blowing 15 to 25mph directly across my field of view so I wasn't overly confident of bagging anything, more just out and about to get a feel for the kit.

At 88 yards and with 6x mag my first NV bunny unfortunately chose that moment to come out from behind some reeds. I've read some mixed reviews of this set up but the bun could easily have been another 30 yards further away and I could have still made the shot.

Very very impressed with this budget piece of kit.

• Like 1

Glad you have had yout first successful outing with this set up and have to agree with you this set up is very underestimated.i have put an exact copy of this set up for sale on here only due to an upgrade to a pulsar n550.atb and good luck in the future .