fox call and last nights outing

hi all, i thought i would do a bit of a review of a fox caller i recently purchased.

i already had a similar call which i bought off the bay some months ago,

but after the last outing i noticed one of the screws had come out and the call

wasn't working as good as it should.

so i started looking a found a member on here selling them, so quickly did the dirty

deed and ordered two from him, the other one was for my son. 48 hours later they dropped on the door mat as promised on there web site.

last night was a pleasant night to go shooting, so decided to go up to the local permission

for an early evening shoot.

after practising with the caller in the car on the drive up to the farm,(windows closed)

we could tell that the call was a lot different regarding the sounds and higher pitches you could get, more life like so to speak. that probably has something to do with it being made here in the UK and not china like the last one i had.

anyway after our hearing returned to normal we set of across the first field

and went straight towards the pond. the farmer has lost 12 ducks this year because

of the fox problem he has there.

first cup of tea of the evening and the waiting game for charlie had started, no sooner

as the tea and fags are consumed charlie was out and about before dark, to far away at this point for the hmr tho.

so here goes with the first call of the night, hmr was on the floor with the bipod at the ready.

my son started to give short load squeaks to get his attention and within 10 seconds he was in range and still running towards us, my son shouted, OI, just to get him to stop so i could

take the shot. the first one was taken at less the 50 yards which was a cub.

another cup of Yorkshire tea then it was of to the other hot spot

by the wood. we took a position under the large oak tree and started calling. by this time it was now dark so the lamp was out ready. this time

the calls had a bit more meaning behind them, much loader and longer spells at first

then just sort blasts. we waited for ten minutes nothing showed, so decided to go down towards the lambs on the bottom field, as we came from behind the oak tree i flicked the lamp on for a quick scan around just in case, and yes there was another cub

about 30 yards away sat up watching us, so up went the hmr for a standing shot. then a head shot was taken. thats two in the bag for me but nothing for my son, so we went and picked off a couple of rabbits with the 22 rimfire which belongs to him. he's becoming a good shot now and i sure he will get even better the more he shoots. we took the fox's back for the farmer to see in the morning, he likes them when there sleeping like that.

website details are in my signature regarding the said call

my wife's away for three days so i'm going to fill my boots this weekend. i'm off out again at five today to clear some geese then an all day and night-er tomorrow

hope you lads are making the most of this weather, enjoy your shooting this weekend, i know i willbiggrin.gif[/indent]

• Like 2

hi all, i thought i would do a bit of a review of a fox caller i recently purchased.

i already had a similar call which i bought off the bay some months ago,

but after the last outing i noticed one of the screws had come out and the call

wasn't working as good as it should.

so i started looking a found a member on here selling them, so quickly did the dirty

deed and ordered two from him, the other one was for my son. 48 hours later they dropped on the door mat as promised on there web site.

last night was a pleasant night to go shooting, so decided to go up to the local permission

for an early evening shoot.

after practising with the caller in the car on the drive up to the farm,(windows closed)

we could tell that the call was a lot different regarding the sounds and higher pitches you could get, more life like so to speak. that probably has something to do with it being made here in the UK and not china like the last one i had.

anyway after our hearing returned to normal we set of across the first field

and went straight towards the pond. the farmer has lost 12 ducks this year because

of the fox problem he has there.

first cup of tea of the evening and the waiting game for charlie had started, no sooner

as the tea and fags are consumed charlie was out and about before dark, to far away at this point for the hmr tho.

so here goes with the first call of the night, hmr was on the floor with the bipod at the ready.

my son started to give short load squeaks to get his attention and within 10 seconds he was in range and still running towards us, my son shouted, OI, just to get him to stop so i could

take the shot. the first one was taken at less the 50 yards which was a cub.

another cup of Yorkshire tea then it was of to the other hot spot

by the wood. we took a position under the large oak tree and started calling. by this time it was now dark so the lamp was out ready. this time

the calls had a bit more meaning behind them, much loader and longer spells at first

then just sort blasts. we waited for ten minutes nothing showed, so decided to go down towards the lambs on the bottom field, as we came from behind the oak tree i flicked the lamp on for a quick scan around just in case, and yes there was another cub

about 30 yards away sat up watching us, so up went the hmr for a standing shot. then a head shot was taken. thats two in the bag for me but nothing for my son, so we went and picked off a couple of rabbits with the 22 rimfire which belongs to him. he's becoming a good shot now and i sure he will get even better the more he shoots. we took the fox's back for the farmer to see in the morning, he likes them when there sleeping like that.

website details are in my signature regarding the said call

my wife's away for three days so i'm going to fill my boots this weekend. i'm off out again at five today to clear some geese then an all day and night-er tomorrow

hope you lads are making the most of this weather, enjoy your shooting this weekend, i know i willbiggrin.gif[/indent]

That call has been around for years my father has his for about 20yrs, differant maker i think it was acme and green in colour good wee call :good: