First time FAC.

Hi guys, ive got my paper work for my FAC which i have filled out with the help off here which is great.

But i dont know how many or even what calibres to include on the first application.

I want a total o 3 rifles. ie, .17 hmr / .22 lr / .222 All included with moderators.

If i put all 3 of these rifles and mods down on my first ticket, will this hinder the choice of the issueing police force as to whether to let me have too much to soon.

Ive been told that for every thing you add on a FAC it costs you £26.

Could someone shed a little light on this matter for me.

Cheers guys & happy hunting.

steve

Hi guys, ive got my paper work for my FAC which i have filled out with the help off here which is great.

But i dont know how many or even what calibres to include on the first application.

I want a total o 3 rifles. ie, .17 hmr / .22 lr / .222 All included with moderators.

If i put all 3 of these rifles and mods down on my first ticket, will this hinder the choice of the issueing police force as to whether to let me have too much to soon.

steve

Yeah mate it will cost you £26 per variation but you can add as much as you want per variation. It does not cost £26 per gun you add in one single variation if you get me.thumbs.gif

cheers Callum

Edited by mangy1983

I'm covered by Grampian police Scotland.

The same rule applies to your first FAC, a renewal or any variation; you must prove "Good Reason" for having these firearms and the ammo you've asked for.

In my area I'd be hard pushed to get a .22 Lr and a .17 Hmr on a first FAC because of how much they are alike.

steve

My 2p's worth,

On your initial I would apply for every eventuality, I initially applied for .22lr, .17hmr and .243. In hindsight I should have applied for .22lr, .223rem and .308. If I were you I would go for .223rem instead of the .222 as the ammo is more readily available and cheaper if you buy factory ammo. You will also get a better selection of bullets and better velocity. If you are interested in deer apply for a rifle for that too. There is a standard price when you apply so as long as you have a good reason for each calibre you should get them.

You should have no problem getting .22lr and .17hmr as the .22lr is for short range vermin (Upto 75yds) and the .17hmr is for long range (Upto 200yds) or that is what I said when I applied. The .223 is for fox and munties and the .308 is for bigger deer and wild boar.

Good luck mate.

Edited by robbobsam