Not a bad night

SeanTheHawker

Was a lovely dark night. A light breeze, and a farely mild one. Rolf weighed in at 1lb 5.5 . i headed to a farm I done about 2 weeks ago. I know I shouldn’t be lamping it again so soon, but I guess it will be the last time I lamp it that season, so who cares if they go cute? When I arrived I released I had forgotton my glove! It was too late to call into any shops, so I was left to using a sock lol. First field produced one slip, which was very long, rolf struggled in the wind, and eventually turned, I put the sock up and he landed. Done another few small fields, but all I got was one flight, which rolf hit, but didn’t hold. then got into a field that always produces a rabbit, it produced one, but by the time we got over the brow of the field it was gone. Crossed over the ditch and walked back up, there was a few on this side, as we got close that had all gone, soemthign moved so I slipped rolf. Then released it was a baby rabbit! Rolf hit it along the ditch, I quickly dispatched it and hunted on. First baby rabbit of the year, hopefully the last. Then done another field, empty, then into the next, had a great flight, with rolf catching it just at the edge of the beam, he held it good, but by the time I got there it kicked him off, rolf tried to get on terms with it again, but the wind was against him. Crossed over a ditch and had a scan, right beside us was a rabbit, running at a set where we were standing, rolf caught it, not much of a flight, but big rabbit, and im pleased that he held it. Took him off again, and no wounds yet from using the sock. Next few fields were empty again, probually from the sound of the rabbit. Crossed a lane intoa field id never done before. A rabbit was sitting nicely out, I walked up and it was off, rolf chased ita good 150 yards, with me running like hell to keep it in the beam. He hit it just at the edge of sheep fencing, but no hold, the fenching was doubled up, he managed to lift himself over it and flydown the middle of the two, he hit the rabbit 2 or 3 times, eventually he got it when I tried to make it back under the fench, he anchored it well. And then there it was, he got a foot to my thumb while I was necking the rabbit. Didn’t let go for ages, just kept tightening his grip. Eventually managed to pluck his talons off. But what a flight, he really worked his ass off for it. So I fed him up off it. And called it a night, not bad for an hours lamping. This weekend I will call it quits for sure, after catching the young one

13020701.jpg

</span></span></span>