Slinging matches

I haven't been here long but doesn't take long to notice the bashing that goes on from one hunter to another. I had my try at bashing a man online when I was a teenager. I felt like a shit head when he gave me a dog and it turned out to be one of the top three dogs I've ever owned. I learned my lesson then, luckily at the young age of 15 that there is no need to slander another dogman. Facts can be stated such as "So and so sells his dogs for a mighty price of $1000" or what have you but burning a hole in a man's reputation is a terrible thing in my opinion. i've met some great guys who have had bad reputations. In the end they only ever did justice in my eyes. I've been around guys with squeaky clean reps only later to hear they slated me and my friends (very stupidly this guy ignorantly slated me to men who all hunted with me weekly HAHA). I've been on the terrier scene long enough to know all the cliche money bullshit stated over and over. I've also heard the color BS over and over. I don't know what some so called peddlers have done to people. I've never felt ripped off before. I learn my lesson after one dealing with somebody whether they are to be dealt with or not. I don't like that some men are slandered in such a way as "I payed such and such a price and the dog turned out shit. The man who sold it is a dirty crook!" Why is it the man's fault that sold it to you? Did you hunt with the dog before laying down hard earned money. Or in the case of a pup - did you hunt with the sire and dam and did they please you - if they did then you payed the amount you saw suitable for what you expected from the pup and it is your fault if you thought there was some guarantee that a pup would hunt when it came of age. There ain't no guarantee! Doesn't matter the line and it doesn't matter if it's a peddlar or a hunter who gives you the pup as a gift. Facts should be stated. If a man is a dog thief and you know it I don't mind being warned of that but if there ain't proof then it absolutely should not be said!

There are some men on this site who I have been treated nicely by but man oh man I'd hate to make a wrong turn in their sight. There shouldn't be crap slinging matches on the internet. Some of the slinging I have seen go on has deterred me from wanting anything to do with dogmen that I otherwise would gladly share a good time in the field with. Like I said, I'm fine with facts but when other nonsense is thrown out, especially things to do with another man's personal life outside of dogs, it just turns other good dogmen out of your favor. There are obviously dog circles. It shouldn't be that a man can't pass in and out of those circles without getting shit thrown on him on his way through.

To sum up, what I'd like to see is less slandering. I'm trying to tell the guys that it makes you look bad no matter whether your on the good side or the bad side of an argument.

My two cents

• Like 2

I haven't been here long but doesn't take long to notice the bashing that goes on from one hunter to another. I had my try at bashing a man online when I was a teenager. I felt like a shit head when he gave me a dog and it turned out to be one of the top three dogs I've ever owned. I learned my lesson then, luckily at the young age of 15 that there is no need to slander another dogman. Facts can be stated such as "So and so sells his dogs for a mighty price of $1000" or what have you but burning a hole in a man's reputation is a terrible thing in my opinion. i've met some great guys who have had bad reputations. In the end they only ever did justice in my eyes. I've been around guys with squeaky clean reps only later to hear they slated me and my friends (very stupidly this guy ignorantly slated me to men who all hunted with me weekly HAHA). I've been on the terrier scene long enough to know all the cliche money bullshit stated over and over. I've also heard the color BS over and over. I don't know what some so called peddlers have done to people. I've never felt ripped off before. I learn my lesson after one dealing with somebody whether they are to be dealt with or not. I don't like that some men are slandered in such a way as "I payed such and such a price and the dog turned out shit. The man who sold it is a dirty crook!" Why is it the man's fault that sold it to you? Did you hunt with the dog before laying down hard earned money. Or in the case of a pup - did you hunt with the sire and dam and did they please you - if they did then you payed the amount you saw suitable for what you expected from the pup and it is your fault if you thought there was some guarantee that a pup would hunt when it came of age. There ain't no guarantee! Doesn't matter the line and it doesn't matter if it's a peddlar or a hunter who gives you the pup as a gift. Facts should be stated. If a man is a dog thief and you know it I don't mind being warned of that but if there ain't proof then it absolutely should not be said!

There are some men on this site who I have been treated nicely by but man oh man I'd hate to make a wrong turn in their sight. There shouldn't be crap slinging matches on the internet. Some of the slinging I have seen go on has deterred me from wanting anything to do with dogmen that I otherwise would gladly share a good time in the field with. Like I said, I'm fine with facts but when other nonsense is thrown out, especially things to do with another man's personal life outside of dogs, it just turns other good dogmen out of your favor. There are obviously dog circles. It shouldn't be that a man can't pass in and out of those circles without getting shit thrown on him on his way through.

To sum up, what I'd like to see is less slandering. I'm trying to tell the guys that it makes you look bad no matter whether your on the good side or the bad side of an argument.

My two cents

Well have a look at the 'auld firm' thread for a laugh to cheer you up.

Apparently there are two football teams in Scotland. I think one is called Glasgow and the other is called Queens Park Rangers. :tongue2::tongue2:

Edited by Tomm Parr

My two cents

MOSBY this little group of countries in the middle of the sea has argued for thousands of years don't try and understand us just let it go in one ear and out the other its are way 90% is banter :thumbs:

:notworthy::notworthy: LMAO!!! YOU HAVE A POINT TO A DEGREE, AND IM SURE ALL THE PEDDLERS WILL LIKE YOUR POST.. WE WILL SEE IF YOU STILL FEEL THAT WAY WHEN YOU ARE STRAIGHT LIED TO AND RIPPED OFF AS SOME HAVE BEEN.. GO DEAL WITH THE BOOTH CLAN AND WE WILL SEE IF YOUR FEELINGS WILL CHANGE.. IT'S NOT THE FACT THAT FOLKS BOUGHT PUPS AND THEY DIDNT WORK OUT...THAT HAPPENS, CULLS IN EVERY LITTER NO MATTER WHO THE BREEDER IS..ITS THE LYING TRASH PEDDLERS THAT BUILD CERTAIN TERRIERS OR LINES TO BE DESTROYERS, ONLY TO FIND THEY ARE TRASH WHEN A "HUNTER" GETS THEIR HANDS ON THE SAME TERRIER THAT WAS CLAIMED TO BE A WORKER.. JUST MY TWO CENTS..GOOD LUCK..

My two cents

You make some good points,

unfortunately slagging people off has become a pastime for some people.

Some do it as their sense of humor (innocent banter),

some do it because of a long term grudge (tribal fueds: Booth,Nuttall etc..)

and some are just stupid or vindictive

(using people's personal life/family or naming them: Christian name in one post Surname in the next post)

The last type are the most corrosive, The Anti's must be having a field day gathering names off these fools.

There is one last type of slinging that does damage to terriers in general,

that is breed prejudice, Plummers/Borders/Parsons are useless.

Even within one type (i.e. Smooth Blacks) that this line is crap or that that kennel is the best!!.

That only THEIR style of digging is valid; hard dog or bayer.

If these people had their way there would only be one type of working terrier left.

What a boring sport that would be!!

JMO

Edited by p3d
  • Like 3