are yo trying to thin down the width of the blade or just the grind, i would recommend using a belt sander with a course belt or and angle grinder with a course abrasive disk.

many thanks alex

am trying to thin down the sharp edge mate have got an edge on it but a dont think its thin enough to keep sharp

are yo trying to thin down the width of the blade or just the grind, i would recommend using a belt sander with a course belt or and angle grinder with a course abrasive disk.

many thanks alex

am trying to thin down the sharp edge mate have got an edge on it but a dont think its thin enough to keep sharp

it needs to be 22 degree's angle on each side,you can make a jig to get it spot on or use grinder nd do it by eye,now ive done my first pic i will show you my other knive am making out of a file,,,

many thanks alex

it needs to be 22 degree's angle on each side,you can make a jig to get it spot on or use grinder nd do it by eye,now ive done my first pic i will show you my other knive am making out of a file,,,

sound mate it looks nice mate cnt wait to see more atb

999136.jpg this is mine i made from a file the other end is also gunna be a knive but bowie style with threads :thumbs:

how thik wos the file to start off with mate

file was 7mm thick its now 5 mm thick i just grind teeth of of file,but if you heat it up first then let it cool slow its easier to work with then when you have it how you want heat it up again and cool it quick,that way it hardens the knive back up,,i asked this mate of mine nd got info of net on how to do it,if you want to thin it down you use a lioniser,but i like it that thick it just feels right,its as sharpe as an opinel but edge last longer :thumbs: