Want to start ferreting

Hello, im new to this forum but not new to ferrets.

I have had ferrets as pets before but never ferreted with them.

I've got plenty of land to ferret on (I have family who live on a farm) and got abit of money saved up.

I was wondering how to get started, i havent got ferrets at the mo but have got a large shed ready for them.

Looking at getting two ferrets to start off.

If i get two males do they have to be neutered? I no females have to be spayed unless mated.

Can i just put the ferrets down the hole and they no what to do? I would wait till the ferrets trust me and i trust them first.

And is there much point in buying a finder? i have read that ferrets lose their collars then it will start to get expensive replaceing them.

At what age is a ferret best to buy?

And if anyone is selling any ferrets near portsmouth or no anyone il be interested.

Many thanks

Symon

it's not too hard to start up really,do you have nets and a spade?i would never take my ferrets out without collars on them,you could but risk learning a very harsh lesson if they kill,if you want to start working them straight away a year or older is best,last years kits will be too young i'd say,a ferret will basically know what to do but will get better/faster with experience so you will have put in the time/patience,and hobs don't need snipping,there will surely be someone on here who can help you get ferrets and nets,collars and finders will be more expensive(£100 or more i'd expect),good luck getting going,if you need any advice or help getting anything post it here and you will no doubt get a fast reply.

it's not too hard to start up really,do you have nets and a spade?i would never take my ferrets out without collars on them,you could but risk learning a very harsh lesson if they kill,if you want to start working them straight away a year or older is best,last years kits will be too young i'd say,a ferret will basically know what to do but will get better/faster with experience so you will have put in the time/patience,and hobs don't need snipping,there will surely be someone on here who can help you get ferrets and nets,collars and finders will be more expensive(£100 or more i'd expect),good luck getting going,if you need any advice or help getting anything post it here and you will no doubt get a fast reply.

Cheers, got nets and spade as my grandad use to ferret and have gave me his stuff.

I will look for a cheap finder on ebay.

Just really need the ferrets now, ive had a look on gumtree freeads ect and ive visted some but they dont look healthy and kept in poor conditions.

Would rather get ferrets off here so i no they are healthy and have been looked after.

Many thanks

put up a post asking for ferrets,working would be best but not too likely(everyone will be using them now),let them know where you are and you should get a pair before long,have you considerd asking for a ferreting partner in your area who could teach you a few things,you have somewhere to go and they will have all the kit...

put up a post asking for ferrets,working would be best but not too likely(everyone will be using them now),let them know where you are and you should get a pair before long,have you considerd asking for a ferreting partner in your area who could teach you a few things,you have somewhere to go and they will have all the kit...

I'm gonna put a post now asking, I dont mind if there not working or there last years ethier as i wont be taking them out yet, want them to get use to me ect.

Yeah i no one person who ferrets, he said he'll give me few tips and show me the ins and outs.