FELL BOOTS

Guest AngelicAcid

Guest AngelicAcid

I was put onto a few people who did/does a good pair of Fell boots a bit ago now.

I then sent a few on here their numbers to help them out who wanted to know where to get them.

im led to beleive that they are better made than the Hoggs.

Just wondered If they got sorted, and what Any of Yous think of Fell boots.

The lads know who they are who rate these Second to none, So how Do Yous think of the Boots so far.

There are well made boots out there, but these take some beating for toughness. :gunsmilie:

• 5 months later...

I still have two pairs of nailed fell boots, very old now but still useable, was part of the terriermans "uniform" back in the 80's, a boiler suit and fell boots, bar on your back ( no need for a spade in the rocks) and away you go until dark. :boogie:

BUT you go on the hill after the hard freezing conditions has turned surface water springs into solid ice rivers in your nailed fell boots, and you'll cut a few shapes that'd put Torvil & Dean to shame :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Oh happy days :toast::thumbs:

• 1 month later...

JUST REPLYING ABOUT THE FELL BOOTS. ARE THEY A GOOD BOOT? WITHOUT A DOUBT THEY ARE. PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF AND DRIED OUT NATURALLY THEY WILL LAST FOR YEARS. HOWEVER, TO GO AND ABUSE THEM THEY WILL GO DOWN HILL JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ITEM.AFTER BEING ON THE HILL , WALKING OR DIGGING OUT ONE OF YOUR TERRIERS. FULL OF SOIL AND WET. THEY NEED CLEANING AND DRYING OUT NATURALLY AND THEN THEY ARE READY FOR THE NEXT DAY.THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF DIFFERENT SOLE, THE COMMANDO AND THE FULL -STUDDED SOLE.I FOUND THE STUDDED SOLES SOMETHING OF A HAZARD WHEN TRYING TO NEGOTIATE SLIPPERY OBSTACLES AND ICEY ROCKS ETC. HOWEVER, THEY STILL PRODUCED RESULTS. THEY ARE STURDY AND ONCE YOU BROKEN THEM IN YOU HAVE A GOOD TOUGH DURABLE BOOT WHICH SHOULD LAST YOU MANY YEARS... REALLY NOWADAYS THERE IS SO MUCH SCOPE TO GO AT. THE MEINDL BOOTS FROM GERMANY ARE A GREAT BUY, CONSIDER THE GLOCKNER OR THE HIGHER BOOT, THE DOVRE EXTREME WHICH ARE SOMEWHAT EASIER TO BREAK IN THAN THE TOUGHER GLOCKNER. THE DOVRE EXTREME ARE VERY POPULAR WITH THE KEEPERS, ESPECIALLY ON THE GROUSE MOORS. AT THE END OF THE DAY IN MY OPINION THE BOOTS BEING MADE NOWADAYS ARE IN FRONT OF THE FELL BOOTS. BUT WE STILL HAVE THE TRADITIONALISTS WHO WOULD PREFER TO CARRY ON WITH THE FELL BOOT . ALSO BOOTS NOWADAYS ARE A WARMER BOOT. PLEASE FEEL FREE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ANY KIND OF BOOT OR CLOTHING. I DO APOLOGIZE FOR NOT GO INTO GREATER DETAIL REGARDING THE BOOT. IN DEPTH DETAIL CAN BE PROVIDED ....... BEST REGARDS DOCTOR DOLITTLE.