shotgun cartridges

all [bANNED TEXT] guys ive had my shotgun certificate a few months now and have a12g baikl o/u and have been invited to shoot on a driven pheasnt

shoot what cartridges would be best for this my chamber is a 2 3/4 i had cartridges that i was using that said suitable for 2 1/2 inch chambers is this what am asking for when buying ? iam all new to this stuff cheers

Edited by biglee 1

all [bANNED TEXT] guys ive had my shotgun certificate a few months now and have a12g baikl o/u and have been invited to shoot on a driven pheasnt

shoot what cartridges would be best for this my chamber is a 2 1/2" its all new to me any help would be great cheers

I would use a 5 or 6 size shot,as for the make it is totally up to you,the faster the shot velocity the less lead you need to give em,its a bit of trial and error really but thats what makes it fun.

As for the chamber size if your gun has 2 3/4inch chambers buy 2 3/4inch cartridge as for shooting 2 1/2 inch cartridge, your gun will do this safely but the shot pattern can be disrupted by the longer chamber.DO NOT shoot cartridge longer than the stated chamber size as your gun is not proofed to do this and it could be dangerous.

Edited by dedger

shoot what cartridges would be best for this my chamber is a 2 1/2" its all new to me any help would be great cheers

I would use a 5 or 6 size shot,as for the make it is totally up to you,the faster the shot velocity the less lead you need to give em,its a bit of trial and error really but thats what makes it fun.

As for the chamber size if your gun has 2 3/4inch chambers buy 2 3/4inch cartridge as for shooting 2 1/2 inch cartridge, your gun will do this safely but the shot pattern can be disrupted by the longer chamber.DO NOT shoot cartridge longer than the stated chamber size as your gun is not proofed to do this and it could be dangerous.

chhers bud so iam just asking for a 2 3/4 in cartridge then

yes

chhers bud so iam just asking for a 2 3/4 in cartridge then