Cocker Training

Hi all,

Just acquired my new (18 wk) cocker pup (dog).

I want to use him to work, i am going to start to try to give him a bit of foundation training, what i would like some advise on is:

A, What age should you start to 'proper' train a gundog?

B, How much would it cost to have him sent away to get partially trained, and what level would this take him too?

C, Is there any good gun dog trainers in South Yorks area?

With all of this wealth of knowledgeable people on here...hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers :hmm:

Hi all,

Just acquired my new (18 wk) cocker pup (dog).

I want to use him to work, i am going to start to try to give him a bit of foundation training, what i would like some advise on is:

A, What age should you start to 'proper' train a gundog?

B, How much would it cost to have him sent away to get partially trained, and what level would this take him too?

C, Is there any good gun dog trainers in South Yorks area?

With all of this wealth of knowledgeable people on here...hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers :hmm:

first mate u need to bond then basic stuf like sit and say at that age id pop him on alead and just make him sit when u stop walkin takeing the first steps is proper training and can be make or brake traning & play go to gether but its got to be basics first i have a 13 month old cocker whot works and i still give him training runs whot part s/yorks u in mate