Paw chewing

My terrier wont stop chewing her Paw! She sits and chews none stop although she has plenty of exersise and chew bones to play with, so it's not out of boredom! We have changed her food to see if thats makes any diffrence but to no avail. There is no cut and there is nothing stuck in there!! Has any one else had this problem with their terriers!? Thanks for any help!!?

I used to have a russell that acted like it's skin was on fire when it had been out in the cold..it would chew it's feet and couldn't settle for an hour or so after getting inside... I put it down to it getting chill blanes from heating up too quick.

Jody

Stinging nettle's ;)

my beddys do it after walking in or on nettles one does it for quite some time after the event.

I know its a long shot but i had a dog a few years ago that bit her pads until they bled we found out in the end it was a carpet deoderiser we where using so we do not put anything on the carpet anymore now our house stinks but the dogs don't itch :11:

It's a yeast infection. They usually get it in the ears, but some have it in the web of their feet.

hello tim ...do you know how to treat this problem ? i have a bedlington bitch that suffers with this i have tried everything ..i have allways fed my dogs on omega many thanks bobby

Edited by bobby

It's a yeast infection. They usually get it in the ears, but some have it in the web of their feet.

hello tim ...do you know how to treat this problem ? i have a bedlington bitch that suffers with this i have tried everything ..i have allways fed my dogs on omega many thanks bobby

Bobby, maybe someone would be kind enough to look up a good vet supply place on your side of the pond. There are many products to take care of yeast infections, but not sure if the ones for the ear are the same for the feet. Any anti fungal cream should work. Similar to what you would use for ringworm.

Guest Haggler

Bobby,

This will work well.

http://www.petrx.com/index.asp?PageAction=...PROD&ProdID=154

I put a muzzle on the terrier for about 15 minutes to let it soak in. A couple of applications should do it for awhile. I moved the terrier I was having the foot problem with out from under an oak tree and he stopped getting the yeast infections between his toes? Must have been something in the oak leaves?

Haggler