8wt line on 7wt rod

sure is

my loomis rod casts better with a line 1wt heavier than its rating.

that said....depends on the line and the rod.

as long as your not putting a 10 wt WF on a 5wt rated rod ......you'll be fine :tongue2:

cheers

sean

hi everyone.

as above is it possible to use a 8wt fly line on a 7wt rod. thanks. mark.

hi mark

as you probably know the line is normally rated to match the rod this is based on the weight of the

line outside the top rod ring

this being the best loading giving best casting distance however if you cant cast a full line

the extra weight line will allow you to load rod easier and cast that bit easier hope this helps

tight lines

mike

cheers mike, the reason i`m asking is because i bought the rod thinking my existing lines were 7wt but when i got home and checked they were 8wt :wallbash::wallbash: and i cant afford to go and buy all new lines at the moment. cheers mark

mark where you fishing and what line type do you normally fish floating or sinking i may be able to help

mike

cheers mike, the reason i`m asking is because i bought the rod thinking my existing lines were 7wt but when i got home and checked they were 8wt :wallbash::wallbash: and i cant afford to go and buy all new lines at the moment. cheers mark

mark where you fishing and what line type do you normally fish floating or sinking i may be able to help

mike

hi mike

i fish a floater usually, i was supposed to be up at lechlade on friday but have cancelled due to there being a lot of weed there i`m now fishing at shimano.

cheers

mark

mike

hi mike

i fish a floater usually, i was supposed to be up at lechlade on friday but have cancelled due to there being a lot of weed there i`m now fishing at shimano.

cheers

mark

ok mark

i will have a dig through my lines and see what i can come up with it may take a few days but i should come up with somthing to suit you

in the mean time go with what you have the 8wt might suit you better at shimano as that bit of extra range may be required and with the

weather we are having as theres not a lot of protection when the wind whistles up or down the valley at shimano

tight lines

mike