first cross salukhi greyhound,

That's a pic to drool over Compostman, I look forward to more as the season progresses.

Optimus you've travelled far and wide across these Islands this past two decades in your quest for knowledge. If you hadn't recently sent me this shot you took on one of your visits to me I'd have little else but memories of her.....thanks again.

That's a pic to drool over Compostman, I look forward to more as the season progresses.

Optimus you've travelled far and wide across these Islands this past two decades in your quest for knowledge. If you hadn't recently sent me this shot you took on one of your visits to me I'd have little else but memories of her.....thanks again.

shes a very good looking bitch.was she good dog in her day

She was bred in England and I brought three of the litter over. That Fly bitch turned out the best of the three but none were ever run on the type of ground they were bred for....fenland. They killed all their hares in Ireland, North and South.

She had her faults. Sometimes she would let out a yip or two on the first run of the day, but her main fault was that if you didn't get to her quickly, which is not often possible in small hedgey land, she would have begun to dine on her catch....beginning with the nose. several times I got to her with her hare eaten back to the ears and one boxing day I lost her for long enough that she had eaten all but a hind foot.

Below is one of the sisters that an acquaintance reared.

Picture1177.jpg

She was bred in England and I brought three of the litter over. That Fly bitch turned out the best of the three but none were ever run on the type of ground they were bred for....fenland. They killed all their hares in Ireland, North and South.

She had her faults. Sometimes she would let out a yip or two on the first run of the day, but her main fault was that if you didn't get to her quickly, which is not often possible in small hedgey land, she would have begun to dine on her catch....beginning with the nose. several times I got to her with her hare eaten back to the ears and one boxing day I lost her for long enough that she had eaten all but a hind foot.

Below is one of the sisters that an acquaintance reared.

Picture1177.jpg

thay look very nice dogs nice to see the old pics.do you keep the same kind of dogs to day bolio mate

There's more saluki in the type of dogs I've had since then but I regret never taking a litter from Fly. She snapped a ligament on the outside of a second toe in, on a hind foot and the vet couldn't cement it as the capsule was basically punctured with nothing to hold the cement in. After a lay off the skin had healed over and I gave her a few runs but inevitably the twisting turning resulted in the bone breaking through the skin again and it was back to square one. She did actually continue to kill hares but it wasn't fair on her to have her regularly laid up and I bit the bullet.