my FAC arrived today less than a week after my interview (last thursday). i have got the .22 rimmy, benelli semi-auto and .243 on it however the condition on the .243 is i have to do DSC 1 or be supervised, however he did say that after a year i can get a letter from someone who i have stalked with a lot saying i know how everything works and have the condition taken off. i look forward to getting out on my own, whenever i want!

i must thank those of you who replied to my "FAC interview" topic as it proved very useful!

the condition on the .243 is i have to do DSC 1 or be supervised

That's interesting. Who is your police force fella? I have the DSC1, but the FEO says that they might still want someone to mentor me for a while, and the guy from Wilts who did the land check said that they hardly take notice of the DSC1 at all, and want all new apps for deer to be mentored! :S WTF is the point of having a qualification, and then ignoring it?

I know that each constabulary can set their own conditions and rules within the provisions of the law, but if one place takes DSC1 into account but another doesn't, I think there could be an argument there!

Anyway, congrats fella, I'm hoping mine will be here soon, saving hard to get me some rifles! :D

the condition on the .243 is i have to do DSC 1 or be supervised

That's interesting. Who is your police force fella? I have the DSC1, but the FEO says that they might still want someone to mentor me for a while, and the guy from Wilts who did the land check said that they hardly take notice of the DSC1 at all, and want all new apps for deer to be mentored! :S WTF is the point of having a qualification, and then ignoring it?

I know that each constabulary can set their own conditions and rules within the provisions of the law, but if one place takes DSC1 into account but another doesn't, I think there could be an argument there!

Anyway, congrats fella, I'm hoping mine will be here soon, saving hard to get me some rifles! :D

my guy is called John Tapper, i know it isnt a great system they should really have something that the whole country has to abide to or nothing at all...