Humane Killer ??

Guest oldskool

i think its fitted with a pressure point on its nose, so when you are despatching your quarry you have to touch it on the head to enable it to fire.... if its for digging then i would stick with the shotty... most of them humane killers involve getting your hand really close and for digging i dont think you will be able to use it properly :hmm:

Take the advice of Baldie and look into it closely. I discussed this with DEFRA a while back because of the simple reason I did not want a firearm in the house, anyway to cut a long story short DEFRA said.......the use of mechanical percussion methods require physical contact between the instrument and the animal, although they are widely used for farm animals they are not appropriate for use on feral animals as they require the animal to be under close control, ie. restrained, which could cause additional stress.

Personally I would forget the Humane Killer route and stick with the "free bullet/shot", unless you can get your firearms licensing office to approve it in black and white that is.

I could well be reading far to much into this but you can't be too carefull!

Printer

Ah, i was under the impression, we were talking about a humane killer that fired bullets, ie, a converted pistol. These look good for farm animals, in a hole, they look like a recipie for getting bitten. You really cant beat the good old .410. I,ve seen .22 subs bounce around in holes, and its not funny. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads, many thanks for all your info. Not on the net at the mo as we've recently moved and its taking BLOODY AGES to get back on-line hence me not replying !!!

I probably didn't explain my self properly on my first post. Its a .32 calibre pistol type humane killer I'm after and I intend on traveling to purchase one. I've got my FAC and want one for the terrier job. The captive bolt method isn't very clever when it comes to sorting your quarry !!!!

I'll try and find a pic of the killer I'm after.

Thanks again lads