deer coursin

well to cut a long story short , i work on a farm in cumbria and tonight when i was walking my dog , i seen a youngish lukin lad coursin roe just over the fence , so i shouted and ran over.his dog didnt get the roe but he had 3 dogs all together and was doing it fairly near to a road in broad daylight . i know for a fact theres only 3 roe on the whole farm , and said to him , im not gonna ring the police and get you in bother but just leav off the deer round here coz there isnt much about , i said out else that runs , you fire away .he was fairly ok with what i said and i had good crack with him and tbh i think he was shitin himself but just a warning to you folk .watch out coz if it had been the farmer , that would of been the end of the dogs.And i cant see why the lad doesnt get permission somewhere else where theres maybe a bit more sport for him and his dogs coz there litrally only a few deer round us.