trouble with the runt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good advice from hannah,softly softly approach will work imo.

i had a terrier bitch who was the same(the mrs loved her and so kept her,she was tiny and very submissive/sensitive) i never worked or tried to train her,the girlfriend did everything. i was living on a farm at the time and noticed her ratting with the others,fast as hell and really good. next time i went checking the barns for polecats and martins i took her with me,she could fit every where and bolted 2 martins alone.next time out she killed a polecat( yes she stank to high heaven).she was around 12 months by now.

i took her on driven shoots and she took to pigs like a duck to water. always working with her mother.

after a couple of times she was to ground,very vocal but boxing clever. she turned out a great little bitch who could be "used" everywhere and anywhere ( if the missus had not wanted her she would have gone to a pet home).

she never stopped being submissive toward people( which i always saw as a character weakness and never bred from her) but was a little cracker who accounted for many pigs,foxes and other beasties.

p.s.i was in germany at the time,hence martins,polecats etc.

waidmann

sounds very similar, well atleast i know its possible to come a good working dog. cheers for reply

The other option is to post the pup to me. . . . And I'll snuggle it for a few weeks and get it to love being fussed. . . Then send it back to you, I can't promise that would happen though!

HA HA, yeah thats prob what it needs the love of a woman.

ill wrap him up tonight for ya. ;)

The other option is to post the pup to me. . . . And I'll snuggle it for a few weeks and get it to love being fussed. . . Then send it back to you, I can't promise that would happen though!

HA HA, yeah thats prob what it needs the love of a woman.

ill wrap him up tonight for ya. ;)

Seriously don't joke, I would have him to stay for a while no worries! Puppies are my 1 weakness in life. :wub: :wub: