problem with gill

right ive a problem with my gill.went out ferreting saturday and she was fine ..she was fine sunday..went out to feed them today and she seems to have lost controle of her legs.so i get her out to see if shes hert herself and shes got loads of orange patches on her skin they look like loads of small balls.ive sprayed her with insecticide spray and took her away from the other 3 she was in a court with 2 hobs and another gill...any ideas please

Guest Ditch_Shitter
she seems to have lost control of her legs.

:no: Sorry, mate. Bottom line is that I've simply never heard of a ferret making a full recovery from losing control of their legs - usually the back ones. If all four have gone? It sounds Bad.

Orange patches on her skin? Sounds, to me, like sebaceous gland activity. But then, what's set that off. And what's taken her legs out? Systemic?

Is she still alive, mate? And - sorry, but; Have you access to a .22 ? I know my 'way' may seem brutal. And I'm sure the Disney Landers are gagging to scream ye should take her to a vet. But don't ye think I have tried that myself before now? To have a thermometer shoved up their arses. Peered at. Pronounced one thing or another. Prescribed one thing or another. To die within a few miserable days anyway.

I can only repeat my own words, based on a life times experiance around ferrets: " I've simply never heard of a ferret making a full recovery from losing control of their legs. "

Guest Ditch_Shitter
legs gone, foaming at the mouth.

Classic symptoms of Distemper in a ferret, mate :(

BM: Condolences, mate. It's never easy and doesn't ever become easier. But it's the best way.