Hi im knew to the pigeon game and have desided to give it a go. After going out multiple time's with no luck at all :wallbash: . Just wundering if anyone had any advise for me?

I use a AirArms s510 and a couple of flocked decoys. The area that the pigeons are is a small feild with big oaks all around. I see the pigeons there all the time when out with my dog or shooting. But i think there just to wise for me. :hmm:

Hi im knew to the pigeon game and have desided to give it a go. After going out multiple time's with no luck at all :wallbash: . Just wundering if anyone had any advise for me?

I use a AirArms s510 and a couple of flocked decoys. The area that the pigeons are is a small feild with big oaks all around. I see the pigeons there all the time when out with my dog or shooting. But i think there just to wise for me. :hmm:

The first step is to work out what the birds are feeding on, presumably Ivy & and any acorn that are left ?

Decoying them is going to be hard in such an area, so your better off setting up under the oak trees that the birds are pitching in to and waiting, shooting them as they come in to either roost ( late afternoon ) or feed. You could try lofting some decoys in to the oak trees, use fishing line attached to a weight, shot up and over a branch with a catapult, attach a decoy and loft, tie the other end of the line to a branch, cut the lines to recover the decoys.

If you are seeing the birds feeding on the fields, then you could try decoying but I find decoying to be very hard in terms of bird numbers verses time in the hide at this time of year.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero