Help Please

Guest bodgerbear

Guest bodgerbear

Good evening all. Well got my BSA Supersport out yesterday to have a plink in the garden and I think its got a problem. Everything seems normal even hits the target but it's making a hell of a bang when I fire it :no: . It is fitted with a sound moderator but the noise seems to be right by my ruddy ear.

Now the last few times I have been out I swear I have been hitting things but not getting any results hence why I thought I would have a play yesterday. Now my guess is the rifle is an original Supersport and only had half a tin of pellets through it before it was put away until I brought it so im not sure how old it is. Im thinking that the seals have gone :cry: , now Im not going to even attempt to have a look I'd rather pay someone to fix it. Now the only place I know is Garlands but I've been told there very expensive and dont really like dealing with air rifles. Can anyone recommend anywhere either near Tamworth or Burton on Trent that would be worth going to? I don't mind travelling a bit. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Rob

Guest bodgerbear

Cheers for the response. I will try and get some napier pellet lube at the weekend and give it a go. Failing that I have found this company LIVENS that are 5 min away from me. They said they will look at my rifle, and then ring me to say what they find. If I approve the quote then they'll fix it, if not they will put it back together and give it me back for no charge :good: . I will let yoou know how its goes, it took quite a few phone calls :search: to even find someone who will look at my rifle, so fingers crossed.

Guest bodgerbear

Well not been a bad day in all. I took my BSA Supersport down to LIVENS which is in Burton on Trent. I can really recommend these guy's. They took my rifle and chrono'd it and it was reading 10.8 lbs inch, so that rules out the seals. They started looking at the rifle a bit closer and discovered the moderator that had been put on before I brought it was being hit by the pellets thus sending them off course :thumbdown:. Had a bit more of a chat with them and found the pellets(RWS Super H Point 14.2gr) I had been using may have been a bit heavy for what I was shooting at. I've been recommended trying Eley Wasp 11.28 gr so I will be going back on Friday to get some. Once I got home took the moderator off, gave the old girl a light oil and clean, and fingers crossed I will be back in action very soon :gunsmilie: . So if your looking for advice or repairs in the Midlands area I can highly recommend these guys. I forgot to add they didn't even charge me even though they'd spent over half an hour with me trying to see what the problems were. A big thank you :clapper: