what crops ?

This time of year you're looking at young rape crops or stubble left for spring drilling. The edges of woods could be worth a look if the acorn crop has been a good one.

In the spring look for fresh drillings of barley or beans, even young bean plants can be a good pigeon draw around April/May time.

Towards harvest time look for laid patches of wheat or barley, I've a few good days on these and you don't need a lot of gear as you can use the standing crop for cover just walk up the tram lines in the field.

Good luck,

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Beet tops are good this time of year if there are any about near you?? I dont really rate rape much anymore there is far too much about and although i have still had some good do's, not nearly as good as it used to be at this time of year, better when its been harvested and the pigeons are not in big flocks, also sprouts are good specially in the snow because they stand tall. . Roll on spring time when we can start shooting some decent bags again atb carl